Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jesus, Table For 14


One of my favorite things about going to calls is seeing the things that people have inside their homes. The other day we were at this house for a woman having a stroke. I stepped out of the room after it got crowded and went to stand in the living room when I saw this painting of the wall that intrigued me. It was a painting of  "The Last Supper" but in front of it was a lone chair facing the wall into an open spot on the painting's table similar to the opening you see below.


Perhaps someone sits there and eats dinner with Jesus? Or it could be a timeout chair where you have to look at Jesus and feel bad about what you did. It was something i've never seen before and I wish I would have asked someone in the house what it all about.

The rest of the shift went well. I worked on dinner with the rookie while the rest of the guys went Christmas crazy, hanging lights outside. They had been working on it for hours at this point. Later my wife and daughter stopped by for a visit and we finished off the night watching TV. Another hard days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment