Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I like it when the crazies come out

So I forgot about this post. It's been sitting in here waiting on me to finish the last paragraph for about 2 weeks. I've been on the ladder truck for the last few shifts so I haven't really been to any calls worthy of talking about on here. Actually I don't think we've been on any calls but i'm not complaining, I love riding on the ladder and wish I could stay on it forever but today i'm back to my pumper, ready to take on our little shit hole district. So far we haven't had anything good but most of the crew called in sick so i'm sure we'll have a fire at some point. A little while ago we made a run for seizures in a Church's Chicken parking lot. The lady apparently has seizures all the time so this was nothing out of the ordinary but her husband wanted her checked out "just in case". Just in case of what? We looked at her, looked liked she was alive, and went in service.

So here are my stories from a couple weeks ago...enjoy.

So we head off to the grocery store fairly late to pick up our usual, we're too lazy to cook (Hamburger Helper) dinner. We don't even get the first thing in the cart when we get a run for an overdose, way down at the bottom of our territory. It's actually in one of our better areas although lately it's been picking up lately with some interesting calls. It's a mix of townhouses and a few apartment complexes sitting on a dead end road. We pull onto the street at the same time as the ambulance when the dispatcher comes on and tell us we need to stage away form the location to wait for the police because apparently the scene wasn't safe. Well the ambulance ends up going all the way to the complex and is flagged down by the caller so we go up behind them and we enter the complex. At this point we were already committed to the scene so there wasn't much we could do. As we pull up, I look over to my left and see a man trying to fight with a female cop. The cop was by herself trying to keep the man back, while a woman who turned out to be the man's girlfriend yelled uncontrollably for him to stop. The cop had her beating stick out trying to keep him back but he began swinging at her and it didn't look like she would be able to hold him off much longer. She got in a damn good hit with her baton but I was worried he was going to overpower her so I jumped out of the pumper and ran her direction. I figured I would take the ass chewing later because I wasn't going to just sit there and watch this cop get her ass whopped. The rest of my crew jumped out and ran with me but we stopped short when another cop pulled up and tackled the guy. They wrestled for a couple minutes while the guy yelled "JUST FUCKING SHOOT ME" "KILL ME, I KNOW YOU WANT TO". He was looking for a suicide by cop scenario but they got him wrangled and threw him in the car. As the cops were dragging him to the car, I guess the man's ex wife ran up and was frantically asking the current girlfriend "OH GOD, DID THEY SHOOT HIM"? What the fuck do you think lady? No they didn't shoot him. Afterwards, my EO went up to the cop car and asked the guy what his birth date was. His response? "FUCK YOU". Turned out, the guy took several bottles of pills and now gets to wake up with a nice hangover on the floor of a jail cell.

We left that call and didn't feel like going back to the store so we decided to stop and grab something at Taco Cabana. I remember as we stood in line that this weird guy was walking around asking people for the time. He caught my eye because something just didn't seem right about him. Fairly young white guy with a tattered brown leather coat, possibly on drugs or some sort of mental disorder. I didn't think too much of it because we see freaks all the time so we ordered and went about our fine dining experience. We finished eating and ventured outside where this guy was lurking by the front door. He sees us and asks, "Hey have you guys even been in a fire?" I looked at him and told him no, kinda laughed and went to take out a cigarette. Yes I smoke, don't judge me. Of course this guy follows and asked us if we had a cigarette. I told him that I just lit my last one and showed him my pack but one of the firefighters gave him one. At this point it was just me and the firefighter because the other two knuckleheads knew better than to hang around this guy and went back to the pumper. When this guy came over for the cigarette, I noticed that in his right hand was a freakishly large ball of hair. Looked like something you would pull out of an old drain. He tossed it on the ground and my firefighter says to him "Hey, you dropped your hair." Without missing a beat, this guy looks at us and says "yea, it's my pubes". Now i'm trying as hard as I can not to laugh but the other guy just couldn't hold it so we started cracking up right in front of this poor guy. He looks at us again with a smirk and said, "but wouldn't that hurt though, if I just ripped them right out like that?" "Think about it. I guess it would be kinda like waxing". The firefighter told him, "nah waxing isn't that bad". "oh you know from experience" replied the weirdo. I guess our laughing just made this guy want to keep talking so hurried off and got back to the pumper.

No comments:

Post a Comment