Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bring On The New Year!

Well it's that time of year again. A time when we bring the year to a close, futile resolutions are made, and stupid people fill the streets. A non-denominational holiday that is celebrated by almost every person in the world. What a great day to be at work! For my second year in a row, I am working on New Years Eve. Not that I mind it because it keeps me from being one of those stupid people out getting in trouble and I get to see more crazy in one night than I usually see in a tour. So far today has been pretty busy and I expect it to only get worse as the sun goes down. If it's anything compared to last year then we might be in trouble. Here is the run list for my pumper last NYE, in order from start to finish that I just pulled up on our CAD system.

Chest Pain: Heart Problem: Automatic Alarm: Grass Fire: Grass Fire: Unknown Fire: Seizure: Assault: Grass Fire: House Fire: Grass Fire: House Fire: House Fire: Bomb Threat (turned out to be an exploded mailbox): Chest Pain: Unconscious Person: Breathing Problem: Automatic Medical Alert: Motor Vehicle Incident: Grass Fire: Dumpster Fire: Dumpster Fire.

22 runs and mind you that most came in after 9pm. We have already had some noteworthy runs this shift but I will write about it all tomorrow in one long post. Before I go, I want to post this as my end of the year gift to you. It is a psychiatric call we made about a year ago where this lady's son called 911 to have his mother committed. Perhaps it will give you a feel for the people we deal with out here every single day. She was something else and i'm damn glad I decided to record it. By the way, she looks exactly how she sounds.


So what will 2012 have in store for us? I don't know either but I sure can't wait to find out. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment