Thursday, December 29, 2011

Funny Kitchen Fire


Remember that kitchen fire we did a couple weeks ago where the kid threw water on the burning pan? Well one of my last days on, we get dispatched to an apartment fire a few blocks from the station. We were first into the complex and didn't see any smoke so I told everyone responding to level 1 stage outside the complex which means to wait out there so we don't have a bunch of fire trucks clogging up the complex. I get out of the pumper and this lady walks up and says "Hey remember me"? I didn't really until she said she was they lady who's house caught on fire a couple weeks ago. I guess she had moved into this apartment while her house was being repaired and managed to catch her stove on fire. Well it wasn't really on fire but she said it started smoking and wanted us to check it. I don't know why this was dispatched as an apartment fire but I disregarded all the units and we went in to look at the stove. Yep, looked like a stove. I told her to leave it unplugged and find a place to live without a kitchen.

So just to add on the end of this, as I was finishing up this post we get a walk-in at the station. I went out to have a cigarette and this car pulls up on our front pad. He said his son had just had a seizure (which was normal for him just like the lady earlier) and wanted us to check him out "just in case". I guess it's "just in case" seizure week.

No comments:

Post a Comment